4.12.2008

Buffet Bonanza!





I found this buffet on Craigslist and couldn't resist! Could you resist a $28 buffet? Yes, $28! Not $30, but $28... kind of a strange price on Craigslist, but who's complaining! My husband and I are moving back to Southern California in June and will be house shopping soon, so I am just getting a head-start on the collecting! I can't decide exactly what shabby theme I am going to use in my new house, but I have several photos I have been collecting along the way to give me ideas. I LOVE design! Especially when I get to start from scratch! I can barely contain myself! That's one more thing to check off my "items I need for my new home" wishlist! Buffet? Check!!

7 comments:

Sherry said...

Tracy, your blog is beautiful and this buffet you bought and finished up is gorgeous!!! For $28??? You've made it look worth hundreds!!

Cindy said...

Wow, that turned out so beautiful! I don't even know if I would have invisioned how good that could be painted white! It looks great!

Karin said...

WoW!!! That turned out beautiful!!! $28??? I could just see that at Rachael Ashwell's store for a fortune....Karin@creativechaos

Bek said...

I love the buffet.

Kelly said...

I see pieces of furniture like that and pass it up but...BUT..you have just made me realize how gorgeous it can become. Awesome! I like your blog.
Drop by my blogspot if you get the time.
Kelly

Shana said...

Just found your blog and now I'm hooked. That buffet looks wonderful - and such a steal! I'll be back often to visit. :)

Jennifer said...

you don't seem afraid to slap some paint on old REAL wood furniture...I have an old Thomasville bar, beautiful carvings on the front cabinets, in great shape...don't know why I can't bring myself to paint it. It has no sentimental value, I got it for free from someone remodeling their beach house (my ex was the carpenter on the jobsite) and I know it would look beautiful white....what to do, what to do...